Monday 12 June 2017

REVIEW - The Cowboy's Baby: A Small Town Montana Romance (Corbett Billionaires Book 1) by Imani King

The Book
Release Date: 15 July 2017
Goodreads Link

One look and I can tell city-girl Tia Kinsley has no business in River Bend, Montana. First, she tries to pet my fearsome prize stallion. Next, she manages to let half my cattle out of the pasture, right onto a busy road.
Why? To help a stray calf get back to his momma.
Two brutal tours in Iraq filled my heart with darkness. Combat changed me. When I left the Marines I moved to out west to build fences – around my property and my heart. I wrote new rules – no relationships, no complications – and I stuck to them.
Until her.
She's a fish out of water, the girl who thinks it's just fine to wear five-inch heels to a hoe-down. Sure, she looks like sin in those heels – but she's everything I don't need.
It takes a chance encounter outside a bar on a summer night to see something familiar in her eyes. Hurt. I know that look. I've seen that pain before, staring back at me in the mirror.
Tia thinks she wants to know the 'real' me, but she doesn't know what that means...
A novel about small towns, second chances and finding love when you least expect it.
The Cowboy's Baby is a full-length, standalone 70k novel with NO CHEATING, NO CLIFFHANGERS and a sweet, steamy HEA guaranteed! 18+
My Review  3 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This book failed to grip me at the beginning and it was only towards the end that i found myself enjoying the book.

Tia is a nineteen year old who recently lost her parents and has moved to this part of Montana only because her great aunt and uncle are the only relatives that she has left.  

Dallas is seven years older than her and has retreated fro the world and his rich family after his time overseas in Iraq.  

Tia is the only person in the three years that he has felt tempted by anyone and they soon find it hard to resist each other even when obstacles are put in the way of their happiness.

Both Tia and Dallas has experiences a loss that the other can relate too and they find themselves compelled towards each other with Tia often seeming more mature than her years.

A decent read, just a bit of a slow start for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment