Monday 10 March 2014

Salvation by Noelle Adams

The Book
Release Date: 21 February 2014

You get to the point where you can just say it. There was never anything special about me, except my father is rich and important. That's why it happened.

It was just a normal Tuesday afternoon. I was twenty-three and thinking about my new designer boots. They kidnapped me for ransom. They raped me before I was rescued. My therapist says that talking about it means I'm starting to heal.

I don't really think I am.

It's even harder to talk about Gideon. He couldn’t save me when it really mattered, so he keeps trying to save me now. He refuses to give up on me, and I can’t make him understand. There are some things you just can’t be saved from.

Warning: Salvation is a love story that follows a difficult path of healing after sexual assault. It is a true contemporary romance, but it addresses very hard issues, including rape and attempted suicide. Please consider whether this book is for you.

My Opinion  4 STARS
**ARC Provided by Netgalley and Noelle Adams for an honest review**

This book wastes no time in getting right in there and having our girl abducted.  However the raped scene itself is very glossed over and done with very quickly.  

The majority of the book focuses on her recovery and spans a time period of about a year, so months or weeks pass before things change or happen.

Gideon is a lovely character, and soooo full of patience and understanding, even if Diana inadvertently hurts him.  He seems to be the only one who is really there and making sure on the day-to-day that she is ok, mentally as well as physically.  He only takes what she can give and doesn't push her for anything.

We get Diana's struggle to be anything like she was before.  Suddenly what mattered to her before no longer matters, she doesn't like people standing behind her, she feels she is broken and lost.

I would have given this five stars however, I did find that at times it was slow going and there were hardly any other characters than our main two.  All of the other characters were glossed over.

It was still a brilliant book and portrayed a delicate subject very well did not find that this was a difficult book to read considering the subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment