Saturday 30 November 2013

Switched by Cassie Mae

The Book
Release Date: 2 December 2013

Ever since high school, Kayla has been crazy for gorgeous football player Talon. But before she could muster the courage to tell him, he became a hot item with her beautiful BFF, Reagan. The only person who knows Kayla’s secret is Wesley, Talon’s best bud—and he’s got it bad for Reagan. Now they’re all in college together, hanging out 24/7. For Kayla, seeing the two lovebirds together is absolutely unbearable. So Kayla and Wesley hatch a plot to drive them apart before Talon has a chance to give Reagan the Christmas gift she’s been waiting for.

Soon enough, the once happy couple is fighting. Reagan suddenly can’t get enough of Wesley’s goofy sense of humor, and Talon seems to be paying more attention to Kayla than a guy who’s “only a friend” ever should. But just when everything seems to be falling into place, Kayla and Wesley accidentally spend a night together and discover a hitch in their plan they never considered: that switching partners may not lead to a perfect ending after all.

My Opinion  3 STARS
**ARC Provided by Netgalley and Random House Publishing Group - Flirt for an honest review**

At the beginning of the book i really disliked the main character Kayla. She seemed very immature and selfish in her want of her best friends boyfriend as"she was him first". But when she plots with his best friend to split them up I had to wonder if friendship meant anything to her.

Wesley was a strong character and was portrayed as a more 'normal' boy rather than other hyped up characters. Talon was described to be rather too perfect and I do hate that at times.

Reagan was a bother character that I could not connect with, she definitely came across as selfish and childish.

Mind you considering their ages, they still have a fair bit of learning to do about themselves in general as they are all fairly young.

Wesley was full of good humour and I really warmed to him. I mean who doesn't want a funny, charming good-mannered boy?

I certainly loved the ending with the twist that I had not seen coming. It totally changed the book for me to something I wasn't sure I liked to something I did like. I am really glad I gave this book a go now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment