Wednesday 30 October 2013

Forbidden to Love (The Erosians 1) - Debbie Davies

The Book
Release Date: 28 March 2013

The Gods Made Me. They Own Me. They Rule Me.

Well, they like to think they do.

Almost a year ago I was rejected and banished by Eros the God of Love. Now I've been forced by Eros to live a life of slavery in the mortal world completely forbidden to love anyone but him - unless I want pain, heartbreak and torture to feature heavily in my future.

My hatred for Eros is almost as strong as my desire to escape this life of loneliness, which is looking very unlikely. Until I see him, the auraless mortal, who steals my breath and burns my heart. Now I have to find a way to be with him even if that means losing everything I have and starting a war to end all worlds. Lucky for me this guys willing to kill to give me a life.

I may be forbidden to love but I'm determined to live.

My Opinion  2 STARS
**ARC Provided by Netgalley and Debbie Wills for an honest review**

To be honest, I was completely bored with this book.  Nothing stood out as exciting or special and by about 30% of my way through the book I was skimming the pages to get the story and get through it.

It only gets marginally better at the end and even then it doesn't even end on a decent cliff hanger making me wait with baited breath for the next book.  I basically left thinking, thank gods its finished.

In this book we have the Erosians that have been made for Eros, but he has scorned each one of them and told them that they can be with no other, but they do his job of helping mortals fall in love.  He basically acts like a petulant child because he is not getting his own way.

We have Acacia how falls in love with Josh and has two 'sisters', one is basically a bitch and the other acts more like a mother, but they both keep their secrets from Acacia.

Josh we could tell would never be a mortal and i was right.  Even when Acacia ended up in the underworld her relationship with Luca went far too fast to feel real or believable.

I will try to read the sequel when it comes out just to finish the story, but I desperately hope that it is better than this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment