Thursday 22 August 2013

Fixer - Gene Doucette

The Book
Release Date: 21 March 2013

NEW from the best-selling author of Immortal and Hellenic Immortal: it's Fixer!

What would you do if you could see into the future?

As a child, he dreamed of being a superhero. Most people never get to realize their childhood dreams, but Corrigan Bain has come close. He is a fixer. His job is to prevent accidents—to see the future and “fix” things before people get hurt. But the ability to see into the future, however limited, isn’t always so simple. Sometimes not everyone can be saved.

“Don’t let them know you can see them.”

Graduate students from a local university are dying, and former lover and FBI agent Maggie Trent is the only person who believes their deaths aren’t as accidental as they appear. But the truth can only be found in something from Corrigan Bain’s past, and he’s not interested in sharing that past, not even with Maggie.

To stop the deaths, Corrigan will have to face up to some old horrors, confront the possibility that he may be going mad, and find a way to stop a killer no one can see.

Corrigan Bain is going insane . . . or is he?

Because there’s something in the future that doesn’t want to be seen. It isn’t human. It’s got a taste for mayhem. And it is very, very angry.

My Opinion  1 STAR
**Provided by Netgalley and The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House for an honest review**

Unfortunately I found that I was unable to finish this book. It is safe to say that at 50% through, I knew this book was not for me and I had to stop reading. I struggled to read most of what I had and have only stopped reading one other book before. :(

First this book jumps time frames from now to 5 years ago, eight years ago, thirty eight years ago. It also has multiple POV. Any more than three to me is wasted and a lot of their POV's just seemed like space filler to me.

With the jumping around in time, I found myself confused as I couldn't grasp what had happened when, though I could understand the present day. It was just too all over the place.

Not a book I would recommend personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment