Wednesday 19 June 2013

Half-Blood (Covenant 1) - Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Book
Release Date: 18 October 2011
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals--well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

My Opinion  5 STARS
So I TOTALLY get why people are saying that this series reminds them of the Vampire Academy series, but there are definitely enough different story lines, twists and turns that it also feels totally new.

Let me just state that I am completely TEAM AIDEN. Seth, although I can see things happening with him at some point just won't cut it in the end.

Alex, a half-blood, is really put through the ringer in this book and has so much to contend with that it's surprising that she doesn't go completely nuts. It shows her strength of character and how hard she tries to lean on others only when she has too. Completely the norm for lead characters in series like this.

Just like the Vampire Academy series you will completely devour the book in one sitting if given a chance, just like I did. Luckily I have the next book sitting on my kindle waiting to be read as I need me more of my Aiden fix :)

No comments:

Post a Comment