Monday 6 May 2013

Venom (Elemental Assassin 3) - Jennifer Estep

The Book
Release Date: 28 September 2010

What kind of assassin works pro bono?

It’s hard to be a badass assassin when a giant is beating the crap out of you. Luckily, I never let pride get in the way of my work. My current mission is personal: annihilate Mab Monroe, the Fire elemental who murdered my family. Which means protecting my identity, even if I have to conceal my powerful Stone and Ice magic when I need it most. 

To the public, I’m Gin Blanco, owner of Ashland’s best barbecue joint. To my friends, I’m the Spider, retired assassin. I still do favors on the side. Like ridding a vampire friend of her oversized stalker—Mab’s right-hand goon who almost got me dead with his massive fists. 

At least irresistible Owen Grayson is on my side. The man knows too much about me, but I’ll take my chances. Then there’s Detective Bria Coolidge, one of Ashland’s finest. Until recently, I thought my baby sister was dead. She probably thinks the same about me. Little does she know, I’m a cold-blooded killer . . . who is about to save her life.

My Opinion  4 STARS
This book was better than the first two books in regards to the plot line, however the amount of recapping brought the book down from what could have been five stars.

Gin's character really grows in this book and its nice to see where she ends up at the end of the book.

Gin's group of friends really stands up as a strong group and anybody would be glad to have a support network around them like hers.

A really strong book to add to the Estep collection.



FREE READS
Tan­gled Dreams (Elemental Assassin #3.5) - This short story takes place in between the events of Venom and Tangled Threads. It’s told from the points of view of Jo-Jo Deveraux and her sister, Sophia Deveraux. When a carjacker follows an injured Gin back to Jo-Jo’s beauty salon, Jo-Jo and Sophia join forced to eliminate the threat.
http://www.jenniferestep.com/excerpts...

Tan­gled Schemes (Elemental Assassin #3.7) - This short story spans a period of time starting from the last chapter of Spider’s Bite and ending right before the beginning of Tangled Threads. It’s told from Detective Bria Coolidge’s point of view and shows her search for her long-lost sister Genevieve Snow. What Bria doesn’t know is what she’s going to do about the fact that Genevieve also happens to be the assassin the Spider.
http://www.jenniferestep.com/excerpts...

No comments:

Post a Comment