Sunday 12 May 2013

By a Thread (Elemental Assassin 6) - Jennifer Estep

The Book
Release Date: 28 February 2012

The sixth book in the USA TODAY bestselling Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series featuring Gin Blanco, who by day owns a Tennessee BBQ joint, and by night is a tough female assassin known as the Spider. I never thought I’d need a vacation from being an assassin….

My name is Gin Blanco, and I’m the assassin the Spider. All the Ashland’s lowlifes are gunning for me and trying to make a name for themselves by taking out the Spider. So I think it’s a good idea to get out of Ashland for a while until things cool down.

So I’m headed south to a swanky beach town, along with my baby sister, Bria, for a weekend of fun in the sun. But when an old friend of Bria’s is threatened by a powerful vampire with deadly elemental magic, it looks like I’ll have to dig my silverstone knives out of my suitcase after all. But this time, not even my own Ice and Stone power may be enough to save me from coming home in a pine box…

My Opinion  4 STARS
Hmmm....

Although the characters grow a lot in this book i did not find this book to be as good as the others even though i gave it the same amount of stars.

I admit, i was worried once Mab has been killed off that the series would stumble somewhat. But it hasn't.

Donovan, however, was portrayed as, well, weak. I mean come on, he has his fiancee but he can't get Gin out of his mind. RIIIGGHHTT. The man has lost his decency and now comes over as, well, wet. Well done Gin for turning your nose up at his in your own subtle way.

I do however have more respect and love somewhat more Owen. The love and respect he has for Gin, to let her do things that she needs to do, however it makes him feel. He's hardcore.

I look forward to see what the rest of the series brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment